Which goes first – facial oil or moisturiser?
Which goes first – facial oil or moisturiser? The answer is your facial oil goes first.
Facial oil or moisturiser first – it’s a question of texture. The order in which you use skin care usually depends on texture and thickness. The thinner the texture the earlier it features in your routine.
- Serums go first and soak deep into the skin.
- Facial oils go next, as they are lightweight and easily absorbed.
- Moisturising creams are the last step. They seal everything in and sit smoothly on the skin.
In the Votary routine we recommend that you:
- Cleanse with a plant based cleansing oil and a soft fluffy flannel
- Feed your skin with a nourishing seed oil rich serum
- Hydrate and plumped up with a luxe facial oil.
- Protect with a layer of matte, smooth, plant-based cream.
Super Seed Facial Oil - Fragrance Free$110.00
Super Seed Nutrient Cream$110.00
The key thing to remember is that Votary facial oils are made from pure plant oils – they are designed to sink into your skin, to nourish and hydrate it. Creams, meanwhile, are designed to create a delicate barrier between your skin and the outside world. So if you apply your facial oil after your cream, the facial oil will not get a chance to soak into your skin and where it’s really needed. That’s why facial oils should either go straight onto freshly cleansed skin or be applied immediately after lightweight serums.
Take the quiz to find the perfect Votary routine for you skin. Answer 3 quick questions on our Find Your Routine tool here
Read more about application sequence here.
Read about the Votary Summer skincare routine here.
Read about the Votary Winter skincare routine here.
Read about Votary Super Seed Nutrient Cream here.
Read about the goodness of pure plant oils here.